In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I discuss the little-known benefit of the hard times in our lives—and how my greatest struggles led me to my most important realizations.
During the time I was living under the pier and reading biographies, I was graphing out in my mind what had worked to make these people turn out like they did.
- I was at a point in my life when I had a tough time with, “Is there more?”
- I thought, were these people born this way, or was it something they did? What did they do and how long did it take them to do it?
- After reading that many of them, you start to realize the things these people have in common.
- I realized they weren’t habits, or theories, or really even mine. But I saw that they worked every time, and that they were principles.
- I began to think what happens to somebody who knows all seven?
A lot of people don’t understand there is huge value in tough times.
- To back this up this statement, my idea for the Seven Decisions came from a horrible time in my own life.
- I would not have read these biographies had I not been living under a pier.
- When you’re struggling in a certain area, you build muscle in that area. For the rest of your life, you are able to call upon that muscle.
- Tough times can often force us into different ways of thinking.
The situations that have been the biggest wins for me have been because I was forced to think differently.
- If everything were always in our control, none of us would ever struggle.
- The “worst” thing can actually turn out to be the greatest thing that ever happened to you, but ONLY if you allow it.
If you know people who would benefit from Andy’s books or materials, this episode would be a great one to share. It’s a great entry point to get people up to speed on who Andy is and what he wants to help you accomplish. Take a moment and forward this episode to a friend!
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com