In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
In this episode, I answer a listener’s question on working with people on tenure who no longer do a good job.
For the future of our country, we have to convince people there’s no free lunch.
- Imagine if everyone had a checkmark beside their name so they couldn’t be fired—regardless of their performance.
- Some people feel like they shouldn’t have to prove themselves year in and year out, but that’s what everyone else has to do.
- While job security and comfort are nice, pressure is where we do our best.
Focus on becoming friends with these coworkers so you have a chance to have an impact on their life.
- There are two things that make people change: what’s in it for them and proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Figure out what they want out of life by having conversations with them.
- Once you know what they want, recommend resources that can help them see proof that getting where they want to be requires change.
Tune in to hear about a crazy conversation Andy had about tenure with someone in the airport.
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com