In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
In this episode, we answer a listener’s question on the relationship between forgiveness and trust.
Forgiveness has the power to either bind or release a family, business, or relationship.
- Forgiveness means more to the forgiver than to the person being forgiven.
- In order to forgive someone, they don’t have to ask for it, deserve it, or even be aware you’re forgiving them.
- Forgiveness is a decision, not an emotion.
- People can sense bitterness, and they won’t remain around it for long.
Forgiveness is about the past—trust is about the future.
- You can forgive somebody who wrongs you even if you don’t trust them anymore.
- Someone can prove himself trustworthy again by not making the same mistakes.
Tune in to hear the Bible passage that shaped Andy’s view on forgiveness.
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question for Andy? Call in and your questions might be features on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com