In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I talk about my passion for cooking outdoors, reveal my secret recipe for the best grilled vegetables ever, and discuss why I like to put things that I actually use into the stories in my books.
I am kind of a foodie.
- I enjoy making and eating great food.
- I don’t know if it’s just a southern thing, but we seem to devise events around food.
- I really like cooking outside.
I’m a grill guy, and I love the charcoal taste.
- I come from a long line of “grill people.”
- My dad thought he was good, but he burned everything.
- All you people who have gas grills. Wrong! You’re cooking with heat and there is nothing to give your food taste.
For years I have put things in my books that I like or use.
- In The Noticer Returns, Jones is teaching how to start a business, and one of the guys (Baker Larson) starts cooking with a Kamado Joe.
- We cook on them at least three times a week.
- We do pizza, fish, steak, and wild game.
- One of our absolute favorites is cooking vegetables.
We will cut up whatever vegetables we have and cover them with an Italian dressing to soak for a little while. We’ll then put the vegetables in a basket that goes in our Kamado Joe, and smoke them at about 350 degrees.
Kamado Joe Giveaway:
Be sure to watch your email for our announcement! If you’re not on our email list, be sure to join at AndyAndrews.com.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com