In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I address a listener question on the questions I ask when first going into a consulting situation.
There are a couple things I’m looking for when deciding if I’ll take on a client.
- They have to be somebody that I like and connect with.
- They must have a great level of belief in their company or team.
You have to ask the questions that will lead you to their level of belief.
- I rarely ask, “What are your goals?” because people will lie or tell you what they think you want to hear.
- Ask, “What you we trying to do here?”
- Listen carefully to see what their level of belief is and what they ultimately want to accomplish.
- This can apply to all relationships: family, neighbors, teams, colleagues etc…
You’re going to have to come up with your own questions according to what you’re after and the people you are dealing with.
- If you’re going to be a guide, you have to see the future.
- You first need to find out where they want to be, so you can help lead them to it.
- Ask, “If you had a magic wand and could do anything you want, what would you do in this area?”
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com