In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, we honor our mothers with an episode not just for Mother’s Day.
A couple of weeks ago the boys found a vine hanging down from a tree.
- I can remember telling Polly, “They’re fine.” I didn’t say, “You’ll be fine.”
- Adam was yelling, “It’s perfectly safe!”
- So as Polly is swinging, the vine cracks and mama fell from the sky.
- What a great mom these boys have. As crazy as that was…what a great memory.
I say this to friends of mine whose mothers pass away:
- First, I ask how old they are. For this example, let’s say they are 57.
- I’ll say, “I know that you’re sad, and there’s never a good time for anyone’s mama to pass away, but I am envious, because you had 57 years with a mama as great as yours and that must have been awesome.”
Make a determined and consistent effort to let your parents, especially your mama, know you love them.
- Some of the moments when I most admire Polly are when I see flashes of my mother in her.
- It’s very odd to me that I am now older than my mother was when she passed away.
I make sure the boys know every time they leave for school or go to bed at night that it could be the last time they see us.
- I don’t want them living in fear.
- But I also don’t want them living with regret.
- Again, say what you need to say to the people you care about.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com