In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
On today’s podcast, Andy and A.T. discuss how to teach children to persevere through difficulties and struggles.
Listener question: How do you influence your boys in a positive way in regard to what they want to be when they grow up?
- It’s important to connect what someone wants to do with the things they have to do to get there.
- You want to encourage while also keeping in mind that their mind can easily change, especially when they are younger.
Whatever your children are trying to do or learn, you have to encourage them to stay in the hard places.
- You gain ground when you keep going through the hard places.
- Even adults tend to stop trying when things get hard.
- We remain comfortable only with the things that come easy.
We need to change the culture surrounding childhood education in our country.
- Cultures that have better results in education have better results because of the way they think.
- Our culture does not think there is honor in struggling, which causes us to avoid struggling through difficulties.
Were you encouraged or helped by this podcast? Be sure to share this episode with a friend!
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com