In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
On today’s episode of In the Loop,Andy and A.T. discuss the epidemic of business, government, and community leaders being unfaithful in marriage and what we can do about it.
What are the sources of infidelity?
- One is the fact that we live in a fallen world—the nature of man is a source of it
- Our affections rule every part of our life, so we must guard them carefully
- Even if you’ve been married for a long time, you still need to constantly guard yourself
- You have to live an open life—a life in which you are honest with yourself
- Never be convinced that this can’t happen to you
Andy recently talked to a group of politicians and their spouses about infidelity and dishonesty
- He told them that all the infidelity and dishonesty among politicians had made the average voter sick of all of them, whether they had done anything yet or not
- He told them not to let weak moments get in the way of all the work they put into getting elected and all the good things they want to accomplish
- Share everything with your spouse—email accounts, Facebook passwords and messages, etc.
- Never be in a room alone with someone of the opposite sex
- Make fences around you that are guarded by those you love
Most of the time, men are at the root of infidelity, but Andy has a thought for women as well
- Marriage is about love and respect
- Women feel respected when they are loved
- But men feel loved when they are respected
Were you encouraged or helped by this podcast? Be sure to share this episode with a friend!
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com