In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, we discuss the proper way to deal with employees who bad-mouth a client and why it’s so important to do it quickly.
SO much time and money is lost by people who are too patient with bad apples.
- Bad apples don’t become good just because they rub up against good ones—just the opposite is true.
- The client (or customer) is the #1 priority—there is no excuse for employees who complain about, are annoyed with, or bad-mouth them.
- If it were me, I’d get rid of the bad apples as fast as possible, because this is a nonnegotiable.
You can use these bad apples as a teaching moment for the rest of your team.
- You can never show enough gratefulness to your client.
- I would get everyone together and say, “You may have noticed we are down two people, and here’s why…”
- If you are in a service-oriented industry, bad apples can be the death of you.
Tune in to hear exactly how Andy says he would handle a situation where 2 employees bad-mouthed a client.
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com