In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question on how to create a life by design based on the talents and gifts you’re given.
This question has an obvious answer that I overlooked for a number of years.
- Talents and skills are two different things. Josh Groban’s vocal gifts are a God-given talent. My ability to juggle is a skill I developed.
- It’s important to know the difference. And before you polish your talents or hone your skills…
FIRST look at where you want to go, THEN work with the talents and skills that will get you there.
- There’s not a single pathway you can take that will work like you want it to if you don’t know where you want to go in the first place!
- Even when you know where you want to go, the pathway will never take you to that destination in a straight line.
- We’re most effective when we’re flexible. Life’s pathways shift; you need to build muscle in different areas to prepare for those shifts.
- Then work with some faith and your end result in mind; once you know where you’re going, get on it—time’s a-wastin’!
Tune in to learn the insider details on how Andy’s longtime friend Dave Ramsey prepared his pathway to becoming the most trusted—and successful—voice on money in America.
Questions for Andy
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com