In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I answer two listener questions on how fear shapes your life and how to balance belief in yourself against pride.
I find many instances indicating that God can use tragedy and bad choices to fulfill His purposes, but I don’t find any evidence that God decides to make you scared.
- The times that I have been scared have usually been instances that I’ve kind of brought on myself.
- I can’t imagine God would say “Fear not” so many times but still try to instill fear in us anyway.
Adam started at a new school this year and he was fearful.
- I talked to him about purpose and we broke down all the things he might have to be fearful of.
- When he came home from school I asked how it was and he said it was different. I said, “Good different?” He said, “It was.” So, if it’s different, and it’s good, then it’s probably better.
The old saying is that God made you with a purpose.
- If you’re out there speaking thoughts and truths that you’ve spent time struggling with, you’re wide open to criticism.
- But if He made you that way—with a purpose—then He believes in you. And if you believe in Him then you believe in His creation…yourself.
Tune in to the full episode to hear Andy tell a story about the night former Baltimore Orioles pitcher Jim Palmer was elected into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com