In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, we have Crystal Paine, “THE Money Saving Mom,” in our studio to answer a few questions about how her business has grown into what it is today.
How did this all get started?
- My husband and I committed to stay out of debt while he went to law school.
- We were literally living on beans and rice, but we started finding ways to stretch our dollars because we had to.
- I was a new mom and started blogging about frugal topics, and there was a lot of interest from outside people.
How did it all evolve into what it is today?
- I had already established myself as an expert with frugal living.
- Within 3 months we had 16 thousand views on the blog, and within a year we were making a full time income off blog.
- Today we have about 1.5 million unique visitors to the site per month.
How did the book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, come about?
- The book was a result of two things…
- People telling me they were just trying to survive and figure out how to get their life in order
- My own personal journey of hitting rock bottom and the steps I took to climb out of that pit.
What are some of the things you’ve had to overcome?
- Humbling myself and bringing on help in my business and at home.
- Learning how to respond with grace to criticism.
“My long-term vision is to impact as many lives and help as many people to get their finances and life in order so they can live their life on purpose and influence their communities and ultimately the world.”
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com